By Andrew H. Watt
XML is the de-facto normal for manipulating and sharing facts between functions. it's supported via each significant programming instrument and language, together with Java, Microsoft .NET, Oracle, SQL Server, and so forth. All specialist builders and directors - even those that do not intend to construct XML functions - desire a easy knowing of it simply to learn and preserve info they obtain and procedure. lots of them shouldn't have the time for a thick reference publication or specific educational. Sams train your self XML in 10 mins fast covers the fundamentals of XML and its kinfolk of similar recommendations, together with easy syntax, DTDs, XML Schema, DOM, SAX, XSL, and XPath. every one subject is illustrated with an instance to make sure readers' knowing.
Read or Download XML In 10 Minutes PDF
Best web-design books
Studying CSS expertise and constantly bettering one's layout and developer abilities is vital for each net dressmaker. specialist website design: ideas and Templates (CSS and XHTML), 3rd variation educates beginning-to-intermediate net designers on an important layout matters via common dialogue, case reports, and beneficial suggestions and methods.
Every little thing you want to be aware of to create specialist sites is true right here. studying website design starts off from the start -- defining how the internet and websites paintings -- and builds from there. by means of the tip of the e-book, you should have the abilities to create multi-column CSS layouts with optimized photo documents, and you can know the way to get your pages up on the internet.
- Using XML: Special Edition
- Joomla! 1.5 Site Blueprints
- XML 1.1 Bible
- Smashing eBook: Professional Workflow for Web Designers
- Build a Better Website
- New Perspectives on HTML, CSS, and XML, Comprehensive, 4th Edition
Additional resources for XML In 10 Minutes
32 33 All valid XML documents must be well-formed and must satisfy the well-formedness constraints described in Chapter 3. Some well-formed XML documents lack a DOCTYPE declaration and cannot be valid; others might have a DOCTYPE declaration but not comply fully with its constraints. Those documents are not valid XML, either. What a DTD Is A DTD is a description of the allowed structure of a class of XML documents. In a DTD, you declare elements, attributes, and so on that are allowed in the structure of a corresponding class of XML documents.
Lesson 7. The Logic Hidden in XML In this chapter, you will learn how data can be modeled using XML and how the W3C models of logical structure behind well-formed or valid XML can be represented and manipulated. Modeling Data As XML Earlier chapters in this book described XML mostly in terms of a set of syntax rules that define how sequences of characters are to be used so that an XML processor can process an XML document without throwing errors and that also define the physical structure, expressed as entities.
2. Character references. Of course, what you have done so far you could have done more easily using an English-language keyboard. When you need to include characters that either are not available from an English language keyboard or can be achieved only using obscure key combinations, the Character Map utility becomes more helpful. Suppose that you want to express the simple idea in German, "Das ist güt" (meaning, "That is good"). You need the u with the umlaut (also called a diaeresis). This can be copied from the Character Map by clicking the desired character and clicking the Copy button.
XML In 10 Minutes by Andrew H. Watt