By David Bateman
The definitive, updated advisor to making plans, configuring, and administering Cisco name processing and voice messaging.
This booklet brings jointly all of the hands-on wisdom you want to effectively configure and administer Cisco’s flagship IP voice platforms, together with Cisco Unified Communications supervisor (CUCM), cohesion, and harmony Connection. totally up to date for the recent CUCM, team spirit, and cohesion Connection, model eight, it provides step by step approaches for each universal and complicated job that installers, integrators, and directors will come across.
Long-time Cisco voice implementer and teacher David Bateman starts off with transparent, well-organized factors of Cisco Voice over IP know-how, together with its key features and units. subsequent, he courses you thru coaching and deployment, together with configuring CUCM for max functionality, removal DNS dependencies, defining firm parameters, configuring areas, and implementing defense.
the writer offers easy access, step by step suggestions for dozens of post-deployment initiatives, each one with thorough directions and cross-references to prerequisite initiatives anywhere wanted. He demonstrates easy methods to combine positive factors to create extra robust IP voice platforms, completely introduces Cisco’s new administration interface, and offers vast insurance of the most recent function enhancements.
David Bateman is a qualified Cisco teacher, CCNA, and director of curriculum improvement for Skyline-ATS. He has 20+ years of internetworking event, together with greater than a decade as a senior LAN/WAN engineer in networks serving as much as 5,000 clients. He then ran the enterprise operations of a technical prone corporation whereas protecting his latest networking buyer base. David has taught and applied Cisco voice applied sciences on the grounds that 2000. He authored this book’s first variation, and co-authored CCNA Voice examination Cram.
* determine a beginning for CUCM: configure providers, set firm parameters, sign in units, and more
* upload gateways and shopper devices
* Create dial plans, together with direction styles, path lists, path teams, CTI course issues, translation styles, and path filters
* Configure type of carrier (CoS) and contact Admission Control
* enforce IP cell carrier, media assets, and Extension Mobility
* arrange to installation Unity/Connection: confirm integration; outline process parameters; and create templates, distribution lists, and CoS
* upload, import, and deal with users
* utilize Unity/Connection name administration, from easy auto-attendant to complex routing ideas and audio-text
* combine legacy voicemail systems
* grasp Unity/Connection’s key administrative instruments and utilities
* Use time-of-day routing, name queuing, and different complicated features
This IP communications publication is a part of the Cisco Press® Networking know-how sequence. IP communications titles from Cisco Press support networking pros comprehend voice and IP telephony applied sciences, plan and layout converged networks, and enforce community recommendations for elevated productivity.